Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bodies...The Exhibition

Great news for people who are interested in human bodies. Seven days ago, before I turn back to Turkey, while I was walking in Manhattan I saw a poster. It was saying "Celebrate The Wonder Of The Human Form "Bodies...The Exhibition"". I thought it was the best place for people who are interested in human bodies, organs,tissues,muscles etc. The following day, I went to The South Street Seaport to see the exhibition. I felt like I was in another side of the world. It was amazing. I spent 4 hours and I couldn't believe that they were %100 real human bodies. I get closer and closer to them but it was forbidden to touch. There were different games about controlling stress and a machine for making a health check. I saw my blood pressure, oxygen in my blood and biomass. There were rooms for each human organ and there were lots of information about each of them. But the most interesting room was the room which included fetus. It was pretty amazing because you could see that how a human grew up from an embryo to a baby. The words are not enough to tell that place.Taking pictures was forbidden but if it wasn't I would probably fill the memory of my camera with the exhibition's pictures. If you have a chance, I STRONGLY suggest you to visit Bodies...The Exhibition. There are branches of Bodies...The Exhibition around the world, in different places. For example, Bodies Tulsa, Bodies New York, Bodies Las Vegas, Bodies Atlanta, Bodies Idaho Falls...
If you are interested, here is the link: http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/ 
PS: In 11th June 2010, the exhibition named Body Worlds first opened in Istanbul-Turkey by a German scientist named Gunther von Hagens. Gunther on Hagens used a different technique called plastination on corpses against decay. They were very similar with Bodies...The Exhibition. Both of them are miracles for science and humanity.




Here are some pictures from Bodies...The Exhibition--Photos Source:Google Images
Take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment